Accepting Applicants for Editor of The Maryland Nurse
The MNA Board of Directors is accepting applicants for the position of Editor for The Maryland Nurse. Below, please find the criterion and responsibilities. If interested, please send an e-mail with a copy of your C.V. by Friday, December 14 to MNA's Executive Director, Jennifer Arigo, MBA, CAE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRITERION FOR APPOINTMENT:
1. Must be a joint Member of both MNA and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
2. Demonstrate an interest in writing, editing, and/or reviewing scholarly documents.
3. Previous experience as a writer or editorial board member preferred, but not required.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EDITOR:
1. Ensure that articles, feature stories, bylines and other materials submitted for publication are free of errors, easy to read, and conform to the guidelines as published in TMN Articles for Submissions for Peer Review.
2. Work closely with the publisher to ensure proper format, alignment of content, and readability.
3. Write headlines and subheads for articles and make recommendations depending on the publication.
4. Work closely with the editorial board to provide assignments, develop content, and edit submissions for final copy.
5. Ensure an adequate number of editorial board members.
6. Provide a written annual report to the MNA Board of Directors.
7. Determine quarterly publication deadlines and post on the MNA calendar on the MNA website.
8. Ensure a peer reviewed process for all submissions to TMN prior to acceptance and final copy.