FREE ON DEMAND ANA WEBINAR: Criminal Charges Against Nurses - What You Should Know and What You Can Do
ANA will be hosting a free on demand webinar to discuss the RaDonda Vaught case, details and the registration link can be found below. Once you register, a viewing link will be emailed to all registrants on or about July 18, 2022. Registration is required for individuals and groups. For group registrations, please email email@example.com for more information.
In February 2019, RaDonda Vaught, RN, was arrested on a criminal indictment and charged with reckless homicide and abuse of an impaired adult after mistakenly administering the wrong medication that killed an elderly patient in 2017. This spring, Nurse Vaught was found guilty and sentenced to three years supervised probation.
Nurses across the United States were shaken by these shocking events. Many are now worried that their mistakes can result in prosecution and possible imprisonment.
ANA is presenting a free webinar, “Criminal Charges Against Nurses: What You Should Know and What You Can Do,” to address these concerns. This webinar, presented by Edie Brous, JD, RN, a nationally acclaimed nurse attorney, nurse advocate and speaker, will address those fears and evaluate the Vaught case within the context of other cases in which health care professionals have been criminally charged.
Topics to be addressed include:
- How criminal charges for medical errors undermine patient safety
- Just culture and support for the Second Victim
- How professional organization have responded to medical errors
- Examples of similar cases and the risk of cases being brought against nurses for medical errors in the future
- Steps you can take to reduce your criminal liability
- How to become involved in addressing the issue of criminalization of medical errors
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your fears and questions addressed!
Here is the registration link: